CPA Australia stabilises with Aceik partnership
Sitecore® Experience Platform™ (XP), version 9.01
- A lack of experience and documentation around the Sitecore upgrade
- Website stability issues following the upgrade to Sitecore 9.01
- CPA Australia initially brought in Aceik to address the website stability issues following an upgrade to Sitecore 9.01. The partnership continued with Aceik providing 24/7 support, as well as a review of the architecture and recommendations to stabilise the system and increase security.
- It was also important for CPA Australia’s internal team to understand the platform and new infrastructure, so Aceik conducted a 5 day training at their Melbourne office. The course was customised for CPA Australia; a structured combination of admin and coding.
- Enabled the Content Delivery Network and reduced our home page load time from 4.16 seconds to 400 millisecond.
- Stabilisation and uplift of the entire platform.
- CPA Australia’s team conducted Aceik’s Sitecore training and now has the skills and knowledge to ensure best practice and roll out new features.
- Website documentation to support future projects and onboarding.
CPA Australia stabilises with Aceik partnership
About CPA Australia
CPA Australia is one of the world’s largest accounting bodies with a global membership of more than 165,000 members working in 150 countries and regions around the world.
Their core services to members include education, training, technical support and advocacy. Employees and members work together with local and international bodies to represent the views and concerns of the profession to governments, regulators, industries, academia and the general public.
CPA Australia became a Sitecore customer in 2013 to improve user experience, business efficiency, and customer conversion. Following a transition from version 7 to version 9.01 of the Sitecore platform in 2019 they approached Aceik.
CPA Australia commenced a project to move their website built on the Sitecore® Experience Platform™ (XP), version 7 to version 9.01. This included a shift from on premise to Microsoft Azure cloud. At the same time, CPA Australia was moving towards DevOps, a product base and orientation, and the team was restructuring.
The team was skilled in Microsoft Azure but didn’t have deep experience working in Sitecore or content management systems. This was a challenge given the upgrade and rollout of planned new features.
It was towards the end of 2019, and after the upgrade was completed that CPA Australia discovered the dev server was not stable. The website would go down at odd hours interrupting the customers’ online experience, and with the customers’ end of year renewals fast approaching the site needed to be stabilised urgently.
To address the dev server issues, CPA Australia went to tender for external assistance. Aceik was chosen from a shortlist of 3 agencies to review the architecture and infrastructure and provide recommendations that would stabilise the system and increase security. Aceik was also engaged to provide 24/7 support under a 3 month hypercare engagement.
Together, Aceik and CPA Australia identified recommendations and then used an agile approach to do iterations that improved the system every 5-6 days.
“Aceik hires a very skilled, collaborative team experienced with agile iterations. They came onsite, learned our infrastructure, the way we operate, addressed our issues, taught our team and documented every step so we can easily onboard other colleagues,” said Hooman Golparvar, Applications Support Services Manager at CPA Australia.
It was also important to CPA Australia that there be mentoring and coaching of their team. To ensure the team was skilled, CPA Australia’s team completed Sitecore 9.x Developer Foundations course – customised for CPA Australia and conducted by Aceik. The 5 day course conducted onsite was customised for CPA Australia; a structured combination of admin and coding.
Before the recommendations from the architecture and infrastructure review were implemented the website was unavailable almost every night. CPA Australia’s team were working from midnight to 4am to bring services back online. The team faced issues 2-3 times each week.
Since the recommendations have been delivered, issues have been reduced to once per week which is a huge improvement on the prior state of the website.
According to Golparvar, “what I’m proud of is the recent work that Aceik has helped us to do: enabled the Content Delivery Network and reduced our home page load time from 4.16 seconds to 400 milliseconds. It’s a huge improvement in site performance”.
CPA Australia will soon go into a transition period of engaging with many of their stakeholders to create a digital platform which provides a personalised experience for website visitors.
Why choose Aceik for your Sitecore project
Aceik is a digital consultancy that specialise in the implementation, training and support of Sitecore solutions.
When you commission Aceik for your Sitecore project, you’re putting your trust in a company that places customer satisfaction at its core.
- We are a Sitecore Silver Solution Partner
- Aceik’s Managing Director, Jason Horne is a 5 x Sitecore MVP