Last week, Aceik and Sitecore brought together 18 digital experts from around Australia to discuss customer experience – the trends, challenges and risks facing a new project in 2021. And it wouldn’t be a robust discussion without a little whisky tasting – kindly delivered by Melbourne’s The Elysian Whisky Bar.
Our moderator introduced two topics then guests were divided into groups of 6 to discuss. Upon return to the main track, guests then shared their unique discussion. And today, we wanted to share the key highlights.
Thinking of your ultimate goal for your customer experience: Where does personalisation and marketing automation fit in, and what has been the most significant step you’ve taken towards that goal in the last 12 months?
- Need to answer the question – what is the goal of website? why do we have a website? Many competing internal stakeholders (e.g. buyers v sellers)
- xConnect implementation issues – holding back use of marketing features
- Constrained internally (resources, budget)
- Lots and lots of content – how to deliver the right content to the right people
- Targeting an audience to help them through a specific journey
- A lot of marketing automation – Facebook and Google advertising – open rates response rates – deliverability of email – personalised to get better open rate – lots of experimentation – gain more information – and helping them through the marketing funnel
- Xdb – issues – business priorities – can’t start the journey.
- Quick wins – show/prove value
Thinking of that ideal CX, what steps will you take for the next 12 months?
- Quick wins are the focus all round – esp. marketing
- Maintainability – JSS, SXA
- Content, content, content – and how to manage
- How to upsell better online – parts, service; portal for owners – service history, finance offers.
- Ease of access to information, engagement on the website, simple discoverable info
- Learn more about the primary personas/segments
- Alignment of brand and service
- More content for SEO and drive more traffic to website
- Automate the creation of pages with data have
- Cost effective ways of producing rich content
- Complete digital sign up
- Transform the experience in engaging with the brand for the first time
- Brand awareness, show expertise, show thought leadership
- Pattern matching to industries
- CRM integration
It was a fantastic event and we really appreciate the open sharing amongst the group!