Sitecore Commerce 10 was released with official support for use of containers for development and production. There are different topologies that are available for development xc0, xc1 and xc1-cxa. But unfortunately the only images that have a working SXA storefront are xc1-cxa.
This article describes how to customize the xc0 docker compose file to be able to spin up a development environment with a fully functioning SXA storefront.
Customized version of xc0 docker compose file is available on my github.
Update SQL & SOLR Image Reference to XC1
- Use xc1 image for SQL so the databases have all the items for SXA, SXA Steorefront and SPE.
- Use xc1 image for SOLR to it includes the cores for SXA indexes.
Add Processing Instance and Customize
- Copy the prc role from xc1-cxa docker compose file
- Update the xConnect-Collection connection string to http://xconnect
Add Reporting Instance
- Copy and add the rep role from xc1-cxa docker compose file
Update Content Management Instance and Customize
- Copy and replace cm role from xc1-cxa docker compose file
- Update all the xconnect and xdb connection strings to http://xconnect (as per the above screenshot).